SAND/GRAVEL/CLAY MINING OPPORTUNITY
Marion County, MS
Our client is seeking a buyer for an 872 +/- acre tract of land containing significant sand, gravel and clay reserves with only 4” to 40” of overburden. All infrastructure in place including roads, 3-phase power, scales and scale house, allowing for the immediate installation of a sand and gravel plant, and barge. The property also has approximately ¾ mile frontage along the Pearl River, 40 acres of wetlands, and includes 3 fully furnished residential dwellings, one of which was previously used as an office.
- Fully operational sand and gravel operation previously on site (hard cost to mine gravel was approximately $1.90/ton).
- Mining permits in place for 46 acres.
- 3 acre pit on site.
- Gravel reserves include Pea, # 57, and oversize.
- Sand reserves are “Pearl River White” (qualifies as low grade frac sand, requires additional processing to meet ISO/API standards).
- Sand and gravel reserves DOT certified in MS and LA.
- Recent Drill Reports available.
- Gravel selling in area for $18.00-$20.00/ton.
Location: Located in between the Pearl River and Highway 43 in Marion County, 15 minute drive to Slidell, LA, 50 minutes to New Orleans, and 60 minutes to Biloxi, MS. Excellent location to reach multiple attractive markets.
This is an outstanding opportunity to capture DOT certified sand, gravel and clay reserves,with the infrastructure in place to immediately install a mining operation. Sand is suitable for construction, and with additional processing, for supplying to the fracking industry.